My background lies in driving the design and execution of forward-thinking, cutting-edge creative projects and services for a variety of top-level clients.
With expertise in production and graphic creation and placement—along with my ability to communicate effectively with clients and peers.
Conceptual innovation, key client relationships, and team collaboration are all essential components to success in creative design. As a highly accomplished professional with extensive experience designing and executing successful, visionary publishing projects for high-profile brands, I am positioned to make a significant impact on your organisation as your next Art Director.
Nobody is perfect that's why pencils have erasers.
DESIGN & PRODUCTION
OUR LATEST WORK.
As the founders of a start-up company, I have many duties, roles, and responsibilities which included
- Management Duties: To determine the company structure, as well as the methods by which the company will function and the individuals who will serve on the board (including the company’s officers).
- Determining a Vision for the Company: Setting the company’s vision and making sure that it is unique and attractive to potential consumers. Creating value for customers and making sure that the company is constantly evolving and changing with the times.
- Assembling a Good Team: Responsible for assembling a successful team that is as invested in the company’s success
- Developing a Plan for the Business: Develop a plan for the business and make sure that officers and employees stick to this plan. Supervising and working closely with the officers and other employees.
- Finance Management: Responsible for managing all of the finances associated with the business. Managing cash flow, revenue, and business expenses.
- Global Sales and Marketing: Representing the company in various exhibitions globally and acquiring new clients. Converting the meetings with the international clients into suitable sales opportunities and generating revenues from the same.
- Operations and production: Oversee organization's daily business activities. Responsible for managing resources and art assets, developing and implementing an operational plan and ensuring that procedures are carried out properly. Utilize proven art skills and experience to create and implement new projects. Collaborate with designers and other team members to implement creative direction. Work with clients to design and create projects, as needed
Mandara is an independent publishing house focused on books for children. As CEO I was responsible for overseeing the overall direction of the organization. Primarily responsible for developing the strategies and policies required to ensure that the organization will meet the goals set by the board of directors.
- Provide inspired leadership company wide.
- Make high-level decisions about policy and strategy.
- Report to the board of directors and keep them informed.
- Develop and implement operational policies and a strategic plan.
- Act as the primary spokesperson for the company.
- Develop the company’s culture and overall company vision.
- Help with recruiting new staff members when necessary.
- Create an environment that promotes great performance and positive morale.
- Oversee the company’s fiscal activity, including budgeting, reporting, and auditing.
- Work with senior stakeholders, chief financial officer, chief information officer, and other executives.
- Assure all legal and regulatory documents are filed and monitor compliance with laws and regulations.
- Work with the executive board to determine values and mission, and plan for short and long term goals.
- Identify and address problems and opportunities for the company.
- Build alliances and partnerships with other organizations.
- Over see day-to-day operation of the company.
- Utilize proven art skills and experience to create and implement new projects
- Collaborate with designers and other team members to implement creative direction
- Work independently to create initial drawings, storyboards, or architectural designs for art spaces
- Support the vision of the organization to help fulfill short and long term goals
- Work to procure equipment and items necessary for new art projects
- Communicate with local officials, news organizations and the community to create interest in upcoming initiatives
- Work with clients to design and create projects, as needed
- Reach out to business leaders, officials, and others to create new relationships for the organization
OBI is one of the largest English language trade publishers in the Indian subcontinent.OBI publishes children’s titles under the Om Kids imprint: illustrated classics, mythology, folk tales, encyclopedias and more. In addition to being a publisher, OBI is a major distributor of books for many leading international imprints as well.
Here my responsibility included:
- Developing concepts for books and products as well as for advertising or promotional campaigns
- Pitching ideas to directors
- Negotiating with clients to amend ideas in line with their wishes and explain what is and is not possible
- Keeping clients abreast of progress and answering their questions.
- Storyboarding or translating ideas to the creative team of art directors and designers
- Leading multiple projects from conception to completion in accordance with deadlines
- Evaluating and, if necessary altering, the content of projects before completion
- Hiring, developing and managing the creative team
- Ensuring all the organization’s or client’s visuals are consistent with the overall brand
- Steering content development
- Overseeing photo shoots
- Select external suppliers when necessary
- Sign off projects before they are sent to printer
Pen2Print Media Solutions is a provider of solutions and services in Composition, Financial, Content Transformation Solutions and Marketing Communications services
- Was heading the designing team at P2PMS, wherein I was mainly responsible for overall visualization and appearance of art and illustration,manage the team, workflow and maintain standards and quality of the output.
- My most challenging task here was to focus on the promotion and building up of the brand for P2P and the on occasions for clients.
- I have been responsible for many promotion campaigns here, especially developing material for clients and the company as they sought to represent themselves at various international book fairs around the world.
- To manage the creative team, workflow, quality of the whole artwork, visualization, illustrations, colouring of our own high quality stylized children books like Picture Dictionary, Nursery Rhymes, Mythology, etc.
- My work involved working with a team of artists to create flawless illustrations for projects, design out of the box ideas and see a project from start to end, with conceptualization, creation and then sales
- Making great promotional material such as catalogues, brochures, posters, invites and trade sheets etc.
In early 2009 I was in charge of the overall visual appearance of art and illustration and visualization at Thomson digital. Thomson Digital is among the leading global service providers in India for end-to-end content. The art director processing and conversion for publishers worldwide. At Thomson I was responsible to ensure how art communicates visually, stimulates moods, contrasts features, and psychologically appeals to a target audience. Here my responsibility was not just the book format, but a considerable number of magazines and web templates, UI design were also handled by me.
Was responsible to manage the team, workflow, quality and timely delivery for the whole artwork, visualization, illustrations, coloring of International magazines, web portals, promotional material and children’s books like Picture Dictionary, Nursery Rhymes, Mythology, etc .My work involved managing a team of artists to create flawless illustrations against tight deadlines.
Add Your Heading Text Here
Add Your Heading Text Here
Thanks for your interest to start working with TEAM RATNAKAR. Please fill out the email form, and submit and we will get back to you soon.
M: +91 9555 555 202